Having the best design for the visible parts of your interior environment is clearly important. But the invisible aspects of your home/office should not be neglected either. The air you breathe and the water you drink in your interior space should be as good in quality as the wood you used for the flooring or the tiles you picked for your kitchen walls. As designers, we feel strongly about forming spaces that provide for the comfort as well as safety and health of the occupants. Here are some thoughts we have accumulated over the years on how to enhance your interior space.
Research shows in every litre of air we breathe, there are more than 1 million particles in Hong Kong’s outdoor air compared to approximately 5,000 particles in Canada.* With air quality becoming worse by the year in Hong Kong, we at Artwill believe that everyone should consider installing an air purifying system. Particularly, we have seen the following types of people needing to take a more proactive step in controlling air quality for themselves:
- Those with allergies (including eyes, nose, throat, and lungs)
- Those suffering from asthma
- Those suffering from cardiovascular diseases that may lead to rapid breathing
- Owners of pets
- Those who smoke cigarettes or cigar
We have worked with different systems in the past and like IQ Air the best because:
- It removes upto 99.97% of airborn allergens, dust, bacteria, and viruses
- It was chosen by the Hong Kong Hospital Authority in 2003 during the SARS outbreak
to supply room air cleaners to >150 hospitals and health care facilities
- It only produces a soft “whoosh” even when running at its top power level
- Filters do not need to be changed very often compared to other brands
- It can be set up as a full-house solution during renovation or a portable system that you can move from room to room
Talk to us if you want to find out the best way to incorporate an air purifying system in your project.
*WHO’s recommended respirable particle level is 60,000 particle per litre.
- Visual examination of water colour, particle level, and system pressure
- Condition of exterior pipes
- Building age
But as individual homeowners, we are unlikely to be able to change the main water lines from the plant to your building or even the exterior pipes on your building. So the solution is to purify the water right before they come out of your faucets.
Water revitalization – Grander Technology
The Grander process changes the inner structure of water and returns water molecules to a highly ordered state, making the water more stable and removing the influence of chemical contamination and electrical disturbances. Treated water has an extended shelf life, making water good to drink even after a few days out of the tap (e.g. soups, home-made drinks) and increased solvent power (e.g. for dissolving detergent).
Reverse Osmosis (RO) – Life Solution
RO is the finest filtration available, by separating out contaminants by forcing the water through a semi-permeable membrane. The membrane allows passage of water molecules, but blocks molecules of dissolved salt. Membranes generally only need to be changed every 2-3 years.
Energy water – Diamond
Diamond has two key products – one for consumed water and one for shower systems. Multiple layers of filters not only rid impurities, they also break down water molecules into smaller clusters for easier absorption by our body’s cells. Chlorine is also specifically removed to protect our skin.